Finding and having a good mentor is like taking your wisdom and doubling it. Some of the qualities to look for in a mentor are:
1. An older person of the same gender who knows and cares about you.
2. Someone who has experience and expertise in your area of interest and the phase of life you’re moving toward.
3. Someone of character that shares your values and faith.
4. Someone who is well connected, meaning that they have a network of friends and associates that can help you.
5. Someone who is not afraid to share the truth with you, even if it’s difficult for them to say and for you to hear.